This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
These scrumptious vegetarian appetizers will wow your guests! They are absolutely delicious, easy to make and perfect for feeding a crowd.
Grab your drink… and get ready to enjoy the party!
If you’re hosting a get-together or looking for a dish to bring to one, these easy veggie appetizers are not only delicious, but also easy to make in large batches and sure to please a hungry crowd.
I love to serve them whenever I’m entertaining also because they are all affordable, super flexible and short-ingredient-list recipes.
Nothing fancy, nothing too complicated, only simple staples and big flavor.
Veggies, artisanal bread, canned legumes, fresh cheese are turned into vegetarian finger food that is colourful, fun, and delicious.
And my family and friends just love them!
We have crispy crostini, bruschetta, and topping galore. Simply slice up some baguette or ciabatta, toast in the oven until crispy. And for the scrumptious topping, the options are endless!
Next, we have focaccia, an amazing savory flatbread that can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven. Top with herbs and sea salt, olives, cherry tomatoes, or get creative with these amazing focaccia toppings. This fluffy bread is economical and so easy to serve.
Finally, no party is complete without dips! Whip up a batch of creamy hummus or tzatziki to serve with pita chips and crudités. Or, try scrumptious sun dried tomato paste, olive tapenade, or go for more indulgent whipped ricotta and delicious cream cheese dips.
And then we have caprese skewers, marinated mozzarella, and spicy olives ready in minutes and perfect if you are short on time!
No matter which vegetarian appetizer recipe you choose, these options are sure to please your guests, economical, but without compromising on flavor and nutrition.
I LOVE them, and I hope you will too!
Loved these vegetarian appetizers?
Great! I have more recipes to share and perfect for a party and special occasions, including big fancy salads or pizza recipes perfect to make a veggie pizza appetizer that works so well when you feed also children.
Here are more of my favs:
- 50+ Vegan appetizers
- 40 + Italian appetizers
- 25 Dairy-free appetizers
- 40+ Party food ideas
- 20+ Dip sauces
Whether you plan an epic holiday gathering, potlucks or any other special reunion, I hope that some of these easy vegetarian appetiser recipes will be on your menu! : )
Please let me know in the comments if you have any questions, I would love to hear from you.
- 26 baguette or ciabatta, slices
- ½ – 1 tablespoon olive oil, for brushing the bread, as needed
- 1 cup (250 grams) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons clear runny honey, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (or 2 Tbsps chopped walnuts or pistachios)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- sea salt flakes, to taste
- Slices the baguette, cut 0.5cm / 1/4-inch thick, ideally on the diagonal.
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F. Alternatively, preheat a grill pan on the stove.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet, and spray or lightly brush them with some olive oil, than bake (or grill) for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Whip the ricotta in a food processor until smooth and creamy. It takes 1-2 minutes. It can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days, in airtight container.
- When it's time to serve, spread the whipped ricotta on crostini, drizzle with a touch of honey, sprinkle with thyme leaves, pine nuts and a pinch of salt. Arrange the crostini on a serving plate and serve straight away. Alternatively, place everything on a serving plate and let the guests make their own crostini.