This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
This easy mint yogurt sauce only requires 1 bowl and 5 minutes of prep time, and it’s so deliciously fresh, zippy, and versatile.
Its lovely bright flavour and texture is absolutely great with veggies, salads, fritters, falafel and all your freshly grilled or roasted summery stuff! : )
Made with thick Greek yogurt, fresh mint, lemon, garlic and extra virgin olive oil, this sauce is bright, tasty, and with the right amount of texture.
The Greek yogurt makes it extra-creamy, but it’s also tangy and fresh, rather than rich and heavy. And it’s healthy too.
Best of all, this is the easy-breezy, no-frills, fresh-and-flavorful mint yogurt sauce that you can whip up in no time using one bowl.
Just chop the mint leaves, add them to the rest of the ingredients, mix everything until smooth, season to taste, and serve!
This is the sort of dip that is also terrific at a summer banquet. Imagine grilled peppers, eggplants, BBQs, or any dip-able vegetables that are coming into season.
This luscious mint yogurt sauce is the perfect way to jazz things up!
List of the ingredients
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh mint
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt & pepper
How to make mint yogurt sauce
(Note: this is a quick description with step-by-step photos, the full recipe is at the bottom of the page)
- Place the yogurt in one mixing bowl along with lemon juice, olive oil, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and finely grated garlic (I use this zester, and it’s great for this job).
- Then chop the mint leaves and add them to the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well to combine, and season again to taste if needed.
- Stir until smooth, and serve!
Mint yogurt sauce ingredients
Yogurt: of course! I love whole milk Greek yogurt for this recipe, It makes the sauce creamy, rich, and tangy. Full-fat plain yogurt works fine too.
Mint: it gives sharp, refreshing flavor and contrast. Use only fresh mint leaves here, not the dried stuff. You can also add some chopped cilantro or dill along with the mint.
Lemon juice: for brightness.
Extra virgin olive oil: it brings everything together. Use good-quality extra virgin olive oil with its fragrant fruity flavor.
Garlic: for a delicious garlicky bite.
Cayenne pepper: just a little bit (and optional), for a nice pop of heat!
Salt & pepper: taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking and until the flavor pops.
What to serve with this mint yogurt sauce?
My favorite way to enjoy this simple sauce is to serve it with roasted vegetables and pita bread for and fresh Mediterranean meal!
It also makes a fantastic appetizer to serve with a crudités platter to highlight cucumber, carrots, and all the vegetables that you love!
More recipes with mint or yogurt?
And if you look for more recipes that use mint, I’ve got you covered with these delicious ideas:
- 15 Fresh recipes with mint
- Mint pesto
- Pea soup with mint
- Crostini with peas, ricotta and mint
- Mint water
- Salad with mint
- Mint syrup
- Fava bean salad
Lastly, if you make this mint yogurt sauce recipe, let me know. Leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. I would love to hear from you guys and get your feedback!
Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup (250 grams) Greek yogurt (or full-fat plain yogurt)
- ½ garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 ½ Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoon fresh lemon juice, use more if you like
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon fine salt, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Add the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt (I use about ½ scant teaspoon), and pepper to the bowl, and stir to blend. Chop the mint leaves, add them to the bowl and stir again.
- It's better if you leave the mixture rest for 5 minutes to allow the flavors mingle. Then taste and add additional lemon juice, and/or salt and cayenne pepper, if necessary. You might add more chopped mint if you like, the recipe is very flexible and you can adjust it to your liking.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or chill for later (see the recipe card for the storage).