This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Quick and easy, this frozen strawberry yogurt makes the perfect refreshing summer treat for the whole family. It’s crazy delicious, healthy, and kids love it!
You need just a handful of lovely ingredients and a blender or a food processor. No ice cream maker is required. Easy peasy.
During the summer months, you’ll find me making TONS of treats with strawberries, including these delicious strawberry bread and ricotta strawberry cake!
Who doesn’t love strawberries? They taste incredible, they’re rich in fiber, nutrients, they’re simply one of the best ingredients for any summer dessert.
And you’ll love this recipe because it’s so easy to turn frozen strawberries and protein-packed yogurt into a refreshing, low-calorie, creamy treat.
You can either use a good food processor or your Vitamix. You need to blend the frozen fruit, the yogurt, the sweetener and a little bit of vanilla extract (optional!) and your refreshing guilt-free treat will be ready in a breeze!
List of the ingredients
- Yogurt (full fat, low fat or Greek yogurt)
- Honey or maple syrup
- Vanilla extract (optional)
How to make frozen strawberry yogurt
(Note: this is a quick explanation, the full recipe is at the bottom of the page)
- Vitamix: add all the ingredients to Vitamix blender, increase the speed gradually then blend on high for about 40 seconds, using the tamper to push the frozen fruit into the blades. I used this Vitamix, absolutely one of my favorite kitchen tools!
- Food processor: Place all the ingredients in the bowl and process until creamy, about 2 minutes. I tested the recipe in my Magimix, and it worked so well, quick and powerful.
Frozen strawberry yogurt ingredients
- Strawberries: feel free to use fresh or store-bought frozen strawberries here, but keep in mind that fresh fruit must be frozen solid to make the recipe.
- Yogurt: Greek, full fat or low fat yogurt work fine in this recipe.
- Vanilla: it’s optional and can be substitute with 1 Tbsp of lemon juice if you wish.
- Sweetener: you can use honey or maple syrup!
How to freeze fresh strawberries
- Cut off and discard the stems of your strawberries.
- Rinse the strawberries under cold running water, drain, and pat dry with cloth or paper towels.
- Cut the large strawberries in half. This makes the blending easier.
- Place your strawberries on a parchment-lined tray and freeze until they are frozen solid. This will prevent them to stick together when you store them.
- When the strawberries are frozen solid, place them in a freezer-safe bag and squeeze the air out to avoid freezer burn.
- Store the frozen strawberries in your freezer until you’re ready to use them.
Note: careful not to over-blend the mixture, it will get soft and runny. if it turns too soft, transfer into a container and freeze until firm and with a scoopable consistency.
And if you’re looking to cool off, why don’t you try also these refreshing pineapple sorbet or chocolate banana ice cream?
Looking for more sweet recipes packed with fruit?
If you make this frozen strawberry yogurt, or you have a question, let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe. I would love to hear from you! x
And for more recipe updates, follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt
- 2 cups (10oz/300 grams) frozen strawberries
- ½ cup (4oz/120 grams) yogurt (Greek, low of full fat)
- 1 ½ Tbsp (30 grams) honey ( or maple syrup)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Add yogurt, honey, vanilla extract and strawberries to a bowl of a food processor or to your Vitamix blender.
- VITAMIX: increase the speed gradually and make sure you use the tamper to push the frozen fruit into the blades. The mixture should be ready in about 40 seconds. Stop after 40 secs and check if it's ready, otherwise go ahead for other 10 seconds or until creamy but still firm.
- FOOD PROCESSOR: process for about 2 minutes or until creamy. The time might depend on the strawberry sizes: large strawberries might take longer. See notes.
- Serve the frozen strawberry yogurt immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and freeze until firm and with a scoopable consistency.
Leave a Reply