A vegan and easy 2-ingredient ice-cream? YESSSS, it does exist!
Frozen banana, unsweetened cocoa powder and a blender are all you need for this creamy, delicious and low-fat chocolate banana ice cream.
Wait, let me explain: this is not a regular, store-bought kind of ice cream loaded with saturated fats, corn syrup and calories. This is a “nice cream”, the healthy alternative to traditional ice cream, in other words, the scrumptious guilt-free frozen treat you have been waiting for!
Plus, it’s inexpensive, ready in a few minutes and your kids will love it. We all need this kind of recipes!
YOU NEED ONLY:
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Ripe frozen banana
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE AND BANANA ICE CREAM IN A FOOD PROCESSOR:
- Place frozen banana and cocoa powder in a food processor
- Blitz until smooth
Bananas: for a sweeter ice cream, use bananans that are very ripe and slice them into small chunks. Freeze banana slices in a freezer bag or on a plate lined with parchment paper. You want to keep the slices separate before they go in the freezer so they don’t get stuck together: you don’t want to break your food processor blending a big solid block of banana slices!
What’s a nice cream? It’s simply banana-based ice cream. Frozen bananas have a pretty neutral flavor, but add sweetness and a creamy texture to other ingredients like cocoa powder or other fruit.
Food processor or blender? I usually make this chocolate and banana ice cream in my powerful food processor (Magimix), but if you use a blender make sure it’s a high powered blender: frozen banana slices are pretty tough and you don’t want to burn out the motor of your appliance.
Ready to satisfy your sweet tooth with this creamy, awesome and guilt-free treat?
If you make this recipe, leave a comment, rate it or tag a photo #theclevermeal on Instagram.
I would love to hear from you!
Chocolate banana ice cream
- 2 ripe bananas, cut into slices and frozen
- 2 Tbsp unsweteneed cocoa powder
- Slice the bananas into approximately 1/4 inch slices.
- Place them into a freezer bag or on a plate lined with parchment paper and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Add the cocoa powder.
- Process the ingredients for a couple of minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- You can have the soft chocolate banana ice cream straigh away or, for firmer ice cream, you can trasfer it to an air tight container and freeze it for about 1 hour.
- You can serve it plain, with melted chocolate (as shown in the picture) or crunchy chocolate nibs. Enjoy!