This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
This quick salad with mint is delightful, filling and packed with flavor. The combination of plant-based protein, veggies, fresh mint leaves and the lovely tangy dressing is perfect for summer!
This salad works as a lighter meatless main course or as a side dish, it keeps well for days in the fridge and goes so well with your BBQ favorites.
This mint salad is one of our favorite lunches at the moment. It’s filled with wonderful ingredients such as delicious roasted peppers, feta, chickpeas, cucumber and a ton of refreshing mint leaves!
Not only is the combination of colors and textures beautiful, it’s also loaded with flavor and makes a totally irresistible meal in less than 10 minutes.
I serve this salad on it’s own as a meal with my easy crusty panini bread or olive focaccia… and we love it!
List of the ingredients
- Chickpeas (lentils or white beans are fine too)
- Jarred roasted peppers
- Mint leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
How to make salad with mint
- Place chickpeas and crumbled feta in a large salad bowl.
- Cut cucumber and pepper to a similar size to get a delicious blend of flavors in every bite. These are my favorite knives for this type of task, they’re very sharp, handy and affordable.
- Make the dressing by whisking or shaking all the ingredients until well combined.
- Chop the mint leaves. I use these handy herb scissors, they chop herbs in no time.
- Place all the ingredients in the salad bowl and add the dressing.
- Toss until well combined and and your lovely mint salad is ready!
Salad with mint ingredients
MINT LEAVES: the star of the show in this salad is the fresh mint flavor that pairs so well with with roasted peppers, feta and the honey mustard dressing. Added bonus? Mint provides also several health benefits.
CHICKPEAS: inexpensive and packed with protein, chickpeas make a perfect base for this salad, but white beans or lentils work just fine instead of chickpeas.
PEPPERS: I love the hint of char they add to the salad. You can use chargrilled or oven-roasted peppers, they’re totally delicious and perfect for this recipe. I used convenient jarred peppers this time, great for quick recipes. And if you have pepper leftovers, have a look at this spicy salad!
CUCUMBER: it’s essential for a crisp, fresh crunch and goes well with peppers and feta.
FETA: it adds extra salty flavor, but you can skip the cheese if you prefer to keep it vegan or dairy free.
Mint salad dressing
For the dressing, I combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and I make sure to whisk them until well combined and emulsified. Alternatively, you can place them in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously.
Note: taste the salad before serving and adjust until you get a balance of flavors you love. You might need a squeeze of lemon or an extra pinch of salt and pepper.
More quick salad recipes:
Love easy salads with plant-based protein and fresh herbs? I’ve got you covered with these simple, fresh and easy family recipes:
If you make this delicious salad with mint, or if you have any questions, let me know! Leave a comment or rate it. I would love to hear from you!
Summer Salad with Mint
Salad with mint
- 2 cans (400 gr/14oz each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (230 grams) roasted peppers, chopped
- 1 cup (130 grams) cucumber, diced
- ½ cup (10 grams) mint leaves, chopped (plus a few small leaves to garnish)
- ⅓ cup feta, crumbled (plus a bit more to serve if you like)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic, minced or grated
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ scant tsp fine salt, plus more to taste
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper or 10 twists of cracked pepper
- In a large bowl, combined chickpeas, cucumber, peppers, feta and mint leaves.
- In a small bowl, place all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until well combined. Aternatively, place them in a jar with a lid and shake vigourusly untill emulsified.
- Pour the dress over the salad and toss until combined. Taste and adjust according to your taste making sure you get a balance of flavors you like.
- Serve cold or at room temperature, garnished with extra crumbled feta and small mint leaves.