This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
This super tasty cannellini bean salad packs a protein punch and big flavors in less than 10 minutes!
This easy recipe combines canned cannellini beans and their amazing texture with juicy tomatoes, savory olives, and refreshing parsley. All tossed in a fantastic homemade lemon garlic dressing.
Not only is the combination of textures and flavors utterly delicious, but this easy and inexpensive salad makes a healthy, filling meal ready in minutes, perfect any time, and ideal for meal prep!
Plus, it requires only 4 basic ingredients and an amazing dressing.
So simple, and so good.
Watch how to make it
What ingredients you need
- Cannellini beans
- Kalamata olives
- Fresh parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
How to make it
- Rinse and drain the cannellini beans
- Place cannellini, tomatoes, and olives in a large bowl
- Chop the parsley leaves
- Make the dressing: whisk olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and garlic
- Add parsley and dressing to the bowl
- Toss well to coat
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
I used canned beans, so this recipe comes together quickly and easily.
In my world, salads are easy, healthy, and inexpensive.
And this cannellini bean salad is a winner, it costs approximately $1.20 per serving and makes a complete meal that is low in fat, high in protein, and so delicious!
ARE CANNELLINI BEANS GOOD FOR YOU?
The answer is yes! Cannellini beans are low on calories but loaded with minerals, antioxidants, and fiber.
Plus, these white beans are a terrific source of vegetarian protein and they’re highly filling, making them a very weight loss-friendly food.
Dry herbs won’t work in this salad, you’ll really want to use fresh parsley. It’s so flavorsome, aromatic and rich in Vitamin C.
I used kalamata olives, they add a rich flavor, they’re juicy and taste definitely better than basic black olives. They’re a bit more expensive than their basic counterpart, but you need just a handful.
This salad dressing is full of the bold flavors of extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
I’m a big fan of extra virgin olive oil, I think it’s the best choice when it comes to salads.
It’s so tasty, it features a long list of health benefits and it doesn’t go through an insane amount of processing. However, if you have a favorite oil for your salads, it will work fine.
CANNELLINI BEAN SALAD VARIATIONS
This salad recipe is so versatile, you can use chickpeas or other white beans instead of cannellini.
Adding avocado or finely sliced red onions makes another great variation and brings extra nutrients.
If fresh tomatoes are out of season and tasteless, sun dried tomatoes make another lovely substitution.
HOW LONG DOES IT KEEP?
If you have any leftovers, you can store this cannellini salad in the fridge in a tight lid container for 3 days
MORE RECIPES WITH CANNELLINI BEANS?
If you love cannellini beans as much as I do, have a look at these amazing recipes!
- The best white bean soup, creamy and delicious
- Italian white bean soup, with chili and garlic
- Smoky beans on toast, the perfect bruschetta
- Mediterranean bean salad, perfect for non-vegans
- 15 Cannellini bean recipes you will love, from soups to salads!
The fluffy beans, the juicy tomatoes, the savory olives, and the flavorsome garlic dressing make this cannellini bean salad WOW.
And if you make this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it or tag a photo #theclevermeal on Instagram. I would love to hear from you!
CANNELLINI BEAN SALAD
- 2 (15oz/425 grams) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained*
- 1 cup (7oz/200 grams) cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered*
- 1/3 cup (2oz/60 grams) black olives, halved
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) olive oil or extra virgin olive oil, or adjust to taste
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon, juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1/2 tsp fine salt, or adjust to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place quartered tomatoes, halved olives and cannellini bean in a large salad bowl.
- Remove thicker stems from the parsley, and chop the leaves.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk them well. Alternatively, place these ingredients in a jar, tightly cover and shake thoroughly to mix.
- Add parsley and dressing to the salad, toss well to coat.
- Taste, and adjust as necessary until the flavors really pop. You might want to add more salt or olive oil according to your taste (I start with 3 Tbsps of olive oil).
- If time allows, leave the salad to rest for at least 30 minutes to enhance the flavor.