This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Fresh and full of flavor, these easy summer appetizers are perfect for hosting your next garden party and to celebrate the sunshine!
There’s something to please everyone.
Over the years, I’ve made these appetizer recipes for the most epic al fresco parties out in the warm summer air. Easy recipes that work perfectly for potlucks and picnics too.
Platters of crostini, bright dip sauces and pizza bites set out on the table for your guests to nibble on. Large bowls filled with gorgeous salads to serve with your favourite grilled dishes.
Yes, summer appetizers are the perfect way to begin an al fresco dinner!
I’ve put together an amazing list of ideas for you, from bruschetta to focaccia, from easy dippers to scrumptious salads and more.
Try one, or try them all, and have a wonderful summer!
Let the snacking begin!
Summer appetizers and more…
If you love more appetizer recipes suitable for any occasion and all year round, you might check out these terrific collections:
- 40+ Italian appetizers
- 50 vegan appetizers
- 25 dairy-free appetizers
- Vegetarian appetizers
- 45+ party food ideas
- 25 dairy-free appetizers
If you make one or more of these delicious summer appetizers, or you have a question, let me know by leaving a comment. I would love to hear from you and get your feedback! x
Crostini with ricotta & Peas
- 12 small slices of baguette, about ½ inch thick (even thinner if you wish)
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, as needed
Ricotta & pea topping
- 1 cup (120 grams) fresh or frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 mint leaves, shredded (or more to taste)
- ½ lemon, grate only the zest
- ½ cup (120 grams) ricotta cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C (better not to use the broiler since it could easily burn the bread) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a serrated knife and cut the baguette into thin slices, about ½ inch or even a bit thinner if you wish. Lightly brush each side of each slice with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the slices on a single layer on the baking sheet and bake until crisp and slightly golden, it takes about 6-7 mins, keep an eye on them. Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- Bring a small pot with water to a boil and blanch the peas for about 1 minute or until tender. Drain, rinse them with cold water straight away to preserve their bright color, and drain well again.
- Place the peas into a bowl and add the lemon zest, the shredded mint leaves, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the flavor and the seasoning according to your liking until the flavor pops up.
- Spread a thick layer of ricotta on top of each slice of bread, than top with the peas, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil or extra lemon zest if you wish. Serve immediately.