This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Having a pizza night? I’ve put together a list of best pizza toppings you’ll absolutely love. From popular Italian pizzas to more creative recipes, this sensational pizza topping list will be a total hit.
There’s nothing better than feasting on a pizza!
The ultimate evening to me is a cozy pizza night in. Your family and friends gathered around in the kitchen while you pull a freshly baked pizza out of the oven.
The aroma of garlic and oregano, the incredible smell of roasted tomatoes and basil, gooey melted cheese everywhere.
Pizza is so generous, abundant, it smells incredible and everyone loves it.
It’s also customizable with different and more delicious pizza toppings ideas to make everyone happy. How cool is that?
With a batch of freshly made dough, easy pizza sauce, and a few delicious pizza toppings, it’s so easy to whip up a terrific filling meal for a crowd.
And for the pizza dough, you can use your favorite recipe, my super easy 1-bowl pizza dough, or store-bought dough if you’re short on time.
In this collection I’ve included a wide array of popular pizza recipes that feature veggies, fish and meat to suit different tastes.
Pizza with toppings? You’ll be spoilt with choise.
Enjoy! : )
What about Hawaiian pizza?
Sorry if the popular pizza topped with sweet pineapple, tomato sauce and cooked ham is missing from this list, but I’m 100% Italian after all, and Italians don’t eat pineapple pizza. Never. : )
If you loved these best pizza toppings…
If you enjoyed this roundup and love more vegetarian pizzas, focaccia and Italian bread recipes, I’ve got you covered with some of my favorite recipes and roundups!
Lastly, I hope if you enjoyed my pizza toppings list, and if you make a delicious pizza using one of these recipes, or you have a question, let me know by leaving a comment. I would love to hear from you and get your feedback! x
Update: originally published on August 2022, this roundup has been updated with new recipes and photos.
35+ Amazing Pizza Toppings
- 1 ½ cup + 2 Tbsp (210 grams) all-purpose flour or bread flour, plus more to sprinkle over the dough (pls, see notes)
- ½ tsp fine salt
- ½ tsp Instant yeast (or active dry yeast, see notes)
- ¾ cup (180 grams) water, lukewarm
- ¾ Tbsp olive oil
- DRY INGREDIENTS: In a large bowl mix flour, instant yeast, and salt until combined.
- MIX IN 1 BOWL: add water, olive oil, and stir with a spatula to incorporate the dry ingredients into the liquid. While stirring, scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure to gather all the flour. The dough looks sticky, not smooth, and lumps are totally fine.
- LET THE DOUGH PROOF: cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel, place in a warm place, and let it rest for 1 hour (even 1 ½ hour if time allows), or just until the dough has doubled in sized and looks bubbly.
- PREHEAT THE OVEN: when the dough is ready, place the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C, and cut a large piece of parchment paper (if you use a pizza stone). Alternatively, grease or line with parchment paper a large baking pan.
- SHAPE THE DOUGH: scrape the edges of the bowl with a spatula, pour the dough onto the parchment paper, and make sure you sprinkle some flour over it to reduce stickiness. Then, starting from the center, gently press it out with your fingers until you get approx a 9×13 inch pizza. Keeping some flour at hand helps during this step. Then let it rest for 10 minutes until the oven gets hot.
- TOPPING: chose your favourite toppings from the collection above, you'll be spoilt with choice.
- BAKE: bake in the lower shelf of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until nice and crusty. However, keep in mind each oven is different, keep an eye on it (e.g. in a forced fan oven it will take about 8-10 minutes).
This shortcut works great when you run out of time.