This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Having a pizza night, friends? I’ve put together a long list of amazing pizza toppings you’ll absolutely love. From popular Italian pizzas to more creative recipes, these sensational pizza toppings ideas will be a total hit.
There’s nothing better than feasting on a pizza!
The ultimate evening to me is a cozy pizza night in. Your family and friends gathered around in the kitchen while you pull a freshly baked pizza out of the oven.
The aroma of garlic and oregano, the incredible smell of roasted tomatoes and basil, gooey melted cheese everywhere.
Pizza is so generous, abundant, it smells incredible and everyone loves it.
It’s also customizable with different and more delicious topping ideas to make everyone happy. How cool is that?
With a batch of freshly made dough, easy pizza sauce, and a few delicious pizza toppings, it’s so easy to whip up a terrific filling meal for a crowd.
And for the pizza dough, you can use your favorite recipe, my super easy 1-bowl pizza dough, or store-bought dough if you’re short on time.
In this collection I’ve included a wide array of popular pizza recipes that feature veggies, fish and meat to suit different tastes.
Ready for the best pizza toppings?! : )
What about hawaiian pizza?
If you wonder why pizza topped with sweet pineapple, tomato sauce and cooked ham is missing from this list it’s ONLY because when it comes to pizza toppings, I’m still 100% Italian after all. I know it’s very popular in America, but I’m so sorry, it’s no for me. : )
More pizza inspiration?
Looking for vegetarian pizza, moist focaccia and Italian bread recipes? I’ve got you covered with some of my favorite recipes and roundups!
Lastly, I hope if you enjoyed my pizza toppings list, and if you make a delicious pizza using one of these recipes, or you have a question, let me know by leaving a comment. I would love to hear from you and get your feedback! x
25+ Terrific Pizza Toppings
- 1 ½ cup + 2 Tbsp (210 grams) all-purpose flour or bread flour
- ½ teaspoon instant yeast (or Active yeast, see notes)
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ¾ cup lukewarm water
- ¾ Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium-sized bell peppers, deseeded and cut into slices (green peppers or frozen mixed peppers are fine too)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 5 oz (140 grams) fresh mozzarella, shredded
- Fresh basil leaves or other fresh herbs, to garnish
- Follow this recipe through step 5, including shaping the pizza and preheating the oven.
- While the pizza dough is resting, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan, then add the sliced peppers, season with fine salt and cracked black pepper, cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for about 25 minutes. Stir frequently, and add a touch of water only if needed.
- When the peppers are done, add the garlic, give a good toss, and cook for another minute.
- Taste, adjust the seasoning according to your liking, and set aside.
- Top the pizza with shredded mozzarella, the cooked peppers, and season with fine salt and cracked black pepper.
- Make sure the oven is hot and use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, approx 15 minutes. Each oven is different, keep an eye on it (e.g. in a forced fan oven it will take about 8-10 minutes).
- Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and fresh basil leaves.