This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Pizza night is one of the best things ever, and this yummy spinach pizza with feta and pesto has been a staple in my house for as long as I remember.
It’s super easy to make from scratch, it’s loaded with garlicky spinach, and it’s so GOOD: crispy on the edges, soft in the center, mega flavorful and delicious!
And a pizza night looks even better if you have a homemade pizza packed with a 10-oz bag of spinach and ready in no time, right?
You can make this pizza on any type of dough you like. You could certainly buy a store-bought pizza dough if you’re short on time, or you can make this easy no-knead “everything” dough recipe.
But let’s get started…
What ingredients you need
- Pizza crust (homemade or store-bought)
- Mozzarella & feta
- Cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
How to make it
As I said, you can either use store-bought pizza dough or make this homemade no-knead dough.
I love the second option: it’s fuss-free, ready in 20 minutes and perfect for impromptu pizza nights.
I suggest you do the same ; )
Then scatter the sautéed garlicky spinach over the pizza and drizzle with some olive oil
Add mozzarella, crumbled feta, pesto, and some cherry tomatoes if you like.
Bake for 15 minutes at 410°F.
Serve with a pinch of red chili flakes and enjoy a yummy whole grain and veggie-filled pizza!
I love pizza and this is my go-to recipe on Friday night or when we have pizza parties. Pizza is a no brainer: it’s easy, healthy, economical. And a veggie-filled pizza is even better!
If you make this spinach pizza with feta and pesto, pls let me know.
Leave a comment, rate it or tag a photo #theclevermeal on Instagram. I would love to hear from you!
SPINACH PIZZA WITH FETA AND PESTO
- 10 oz fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 4 oz mozzarella, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt, according to taste
- red chili flakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I mix all-purpose + spelt flour), plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 3/4 tsp dry instant yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
PIZZA BASE (if you make it from scratch have a look at the step by step photos):
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix well water, yeast and sugar in a jug and let it rest until foamy (about 5 minutes).
- In the meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200F and turn it off.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients, add the olive oil and mix with a spoon or a spatula to incorporate the flour. Mix until no dry flour remains.
- Cover bowl with a damp kitchen towel, then let rise in the warm oven for 20 minutes. Grease a baking pan (mine is 12 x 9 inches)
- After 20 minutes, scrape the edge of the bowl and pour the dough on the baking pan. Dust with flour.
- Gently stretch the dough with your fingers to fit the baking tray.Note: at this point there's no need to let it rise again for 20 minutes as I suggest in my focaccia recipe: focaccia is thicker and softer than a pizza crust, therefore it needs to rise a second time).
- Preheat the oven to 410ºF.
- Place the minced garlic and 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pot and sauté over medium heat for about one minute. Add spinach and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes, or until it has wilted. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Remove from heat, drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread spinach onto your pizza base, drizzle with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and top with mozzarella and feta cheese. Add some sliced cherry tomato, drizzle with pesto and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the crust is browned and the cheese is golden.Note: In an oven with a bottom baking element, you want to bake your pizza on the oven rack in the bottom position and make sure the oven is thouroughly heated before you put the pizza in.
- Serve with some red chili flakes if you like, and enjoy!