This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Pizza night, anyone? This scrumptious spinach pizza with feta and pesto is easy to make from scratch, crispy on the edges, soft in the center, and loaded with flavorsome garlicky spinach!
This spinach pizza recipe has been a staple in my house for as long as I remember. We love the combination of savory feta and fresh ingredients such as cherry tomatoes and spinach (I mean, a whole 10-oz bag of spinach!).
You can make this pizza on any type of dough you like. You could certainly buy a store-bought pizza dough if you’re short on time, or you can make an easy no-knead dough recipe, also perfect to make a delicious anchovy pizza or caprese pizza.
Quick and delicious, you’ll fall in love with the crispy crust and the rich and tasty topping. Let’s see hot to make it..
What ingredients you need
- Pizza crust (homemade or store-bought)
- Baby spinach
- Mozzarella & feta
- Basil pesto
- Cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
How to make spinach pizza
As I said, you can either use store-bought pizza dough or make this homemade no-knead dough. It’s ready in 20 minutes and perfect for impromptu pizza nights.
Then scatter the sautéed garlicky spinach over the pizza and drizzle with some olive oil
Add mozzarella, crumbled feta, pesto, and some cherry tomatoes if you like.
Bake for 15 minutes at 410°F.
Serve with a pinch of red chili flakes and enjoy a yummy whole grain and veggie-filled pizza!
I love pizza and this is my go-to recipe on Friday night or when we have pizza parties. Pizza is a no brainer: it’s easy, healthy, economical. And a veggie-filled pizza is even better!
If you make this spinach pizza with feta and pesto, pls let me know.
Leave a comment, rate it or tag a photo #theclevermeal on Instagram. I would love to hear from you!
SPINACH PIZZA WITH FETA AND PESTO
- 10 oz fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 4 oz mozzarella, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt, according to taste
- red chili flakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I mix all-purpose + spelt flour), plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 3/4 tsp dry instant yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
PIZZA BASE (if you make it from scratch have a look at the step by step photos):
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix well water, yeast and sugar in a jug and let it rest until foamy (about 5 minutes).
- In the meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200F and turn it off.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients, add the olive oil and mix with a spoon or a spatula to incorporate the flour. Mix until no dry flour remains.
- Cover bowl with a damp kitchen towel, then let rise in the warm oven for 20 minutes. Grease a baking pan (mine is 12 x 9 inches)
- After 20 minutes, scrape the edge of the bowl and pour the dough on the baking pan. Dust with flour.
- Gently stretch the dough with your fingers to fit the baking tray.Note: at this point there's no need to let it rise again for 20 minutes as I suggest in my focaccia recipe: focaccia is thicker and softer than a pizza crust, therefore it needs to rise a second time).
- Preheat the oven to 410ºF.
- Place the minced garlic and 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pot and sauté over medium heat for about one minute. Add spinach and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes, or until it has wilted. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Remove from heat, drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread spinach onto your pizza base, drizzle with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and top with mozzarella and feta cheese. Add some sliced cherry tomato, drizzle with pesto and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the crust is browned and the cheese is golden.Note: In an oven with a bottom baking element, you want to bake your pizza on the oven rack in the bottom position and make sure the oven is thouroughly heated before you put the pizza in.
- Serve with some red chili flakes if you like, and enjoy!