This tasty and convenient baked frittata packed with protein is one of my favorite staples. It’s a no brainer, super easy to make and it takes only 3 basic ingredients always in my fridge: eggs, frozen spinach, and cheese!
Frozen spinach is terrific to keep on hand, especially if washing and chopping veggies doesn’t fit in your busy schedule. But almost any kind of vegetables left in the fridge is suitable for a frittata, it’s so easy to whip up with whatever leftover veggies, greens, and cheese you might happen to have on hand.
If you don’t have feta cheese, go for parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar or whatever you like. Frittata is simple, good and satisfying, and makes a perfect brunch or a quick meal for the whole family.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS RECIPE:
- Frozen spinach
- Feta or other cheese
- salt and pepper
For a fuss-free frittata, I never cook my thawed spinach first, it goes directly into the oven with the rest of the ingredients. The easier the better:
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Squeeze thawed spinach
- Scatter over a baking dish
- Add some crumbled feta
- Pour in egg mixture
A baked frittata can be your breakfast, your meal prep or a perfect school lunch box for your kids. My 4 year old loves it, I usually cut it into little squares and it makes a balanced lunch alongside fresh vegetables, bread and fruit.
Frozen vegetables are inexpensive, packed with nutrients and ready in no time. If you rely on convenient bags from the freezer aisle all year round ( like me : ) have a look at this vibrant pea soup and fava bean salad.
Do you make this baked frittata? Leave a comment, rate it or tag a photo #theclevermeal on Instagram.
I would love to hear from you!
BAKED FRITTATA WITH SPINACH AND FETA
- 1 lb Spinach, thawed
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 3/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F (fan).
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place your thawed spinach in a colander over the sink and squeeze the water out of it.
- In a bowl beat 6 eggs, salt and a good pinch of black pepper.
- Arrange spinach and crumbled feta over the baking dish.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the spinach and bake until firm and golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- It keeps well in the fridge for up to 2 days.