This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Who doesn’t love pillowy, creamy, fresh mozzarella cheese? In this collection you’ll find 15 terrific fresh mozzarella recipes that are easy to whip up, perfect for any occasion, and absolutely delicious.
Everyone needs some fresh mozzarella in their life! : )
Traditionally, mozzarella was only made from the rich buffalo’s milk, and for the purist, that’s the only mozzarella. These days, however, mozzarella is generally made from cow’s milk and it’s available at pretty much any grocery store.
There are two main categories of mozzarella cheese: fresh mozzarella packed in water and low-moisture Mozzarella, commonly known as the “regular Mozzarella” and often sold in pre-shredded bags, string cheese or whole blocks.
In this collection you’ll find only recipes that use fresh mozzarella.
The pillowy, bright white cheese, typically produced in the shape of ball and packed in liquid to retain its high moisture content, it’s super versatile and goes so well with just about anything.
Creamy and deliciously fresh, it’s great tossed in salads, stuffed into sandwiches, stirred into pasta, melted on pizzas.
It’s also economical, convenient and takes simple dishes to a whole new level.
Fresh mozzarella is absolutely a must for Italian cuisine and its uses are endless, including baked dishes.
No matter we are after the melty, gooey goodness, Italians always prefer fresh mozzarella over the low-moisture counterpart. : ).
Here you’ll find only mouth-watering fresh mozzarella recipes sure to delight! : )
If you’ve loved these fresh mozzarella recipes, you might be interested in…
Gathering similar recipes all in one place is so handy and offers ideas about how to use up basic ingredients that you might have in your pantry or in your fridge!
Here are a few more handful collections of recipes to scroll when you look for ideas:
- 35 Amazing Italian appetizers
- 20 Focaccia toppings
- 25 Yummy pizza toppings
- 15 Fresh mint recipes
- 13 quick pasta ideas
- Artichoke recipes
- 34 Canned tomato recipes
- 25+ Green lentil recipes
- 15 Cannellini bean recipes
- 17 Ricotta recipes
- 16 Recipes with onions
- 40 Delicious meatless meals
If you try and love one these fresh mozzarella recipes, or if you have any question, let me know in the comment below. I would love to hear from you!
15+ Delicious Fresh Mozzarella Recipes
- 6 cherry tomatoes, ripe and at room temperature (optional)
- 1 (5oz) whole-milk mozzarella ball in water, at room temp.
- 4 to 6 slices ciabatta bread or sourdough (1.5 cm thick)*
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- fine salt or Maldon flaky sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 12 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, the mozzarella into small slices, and your ciabatta bread on the diagonal into slices no thicker than 1.5 cm/ 3/5"
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomatoes, ½ Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt, and some shredded basil or oregano. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and toast until crispy and lightly charred if possible. You can use the oven, the broil, the BBQ, a grilled skillet and even a toaster if it's easier for you.
- Rub the bread with garlic and top with mozzarella and the tomato mixture. Try to arrange the ingredients nicely.
- Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper, and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and shredded basil. Bruschetta with mozzarella is ready!