I’m one of the biggest fans of ripe juicy tomatoes and this is my favorite tomato salad ever. It makes a fresh, healthy, and delicious meal to have any time of the day, and it delivers so much flavor that I crave it.
If you love summer, you will love this salad. It’s packed with delicious tomatoes and a stellar dressing made with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and parsley. And don’t forget the garlic – always a hint of garlic.
Plus, it can be ready in less than 10 minutes and makes the perfect side to just about any main of your summer gatherings… everyone will love it!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS RECIPE
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS SALAD:
(full recipes at the bottom of the page)
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/2-inch thick slices and arrange in a large dish
- Combine oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in a jar
- Close the lid and shake vigorously
- Pour the dressing over the tomatoes, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour
- Garnish with mozzarella, fresh herbs, and an additional drizzle of olive oil… enjoy!
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
Please, let me state the obvious: chose only good ingredients like juicy and ripe tomatoes (plum, roma, beef, on the vine work fine). Cut them into thick slices and if you notice they release too much water, just remove some before you add the dressing. I don’t like it when tomatoes are too watery, they water down the dressing and I end up with a pool of liquid at the bottom of the bowl and less flavor.
Plus, go for fresh herbs and good extra virgin olive oil, they really make a big difference!
Let me know you love these fresh and flavor-packed tomato salad, leave a comment, rate it or tag a photo #theclevermeal on Instagram.
I would love to hear from you!
The best marinated tomato salad
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, cut into thick slices ( I used on the vine tomatoes)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated or pressed
- fine salt & black pepper, to taste
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/2-inch thick slices and arrange in a large dish.
- Combine extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in a jar (I usually measure 3/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper). Close the lid and shake vigorously to emulsify.
- Pour the dressing over the tomatoes, cover and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or more in the refrigerator.
- Bring the salad to room temperature before serving. Garnish with diced or torn mozzarella, additional fresh herbs and a good drizzle of olive oil if you like.Enjoy!