This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Pasta night, anyone? I’ve got you covered with this collection of incredible vegan pasta recipes: delicious, full of flavor, and perfect for any occasion!
These are the ultimate healthy pastas that even non-vegans will love!
We love pasta, don’t we? It’s absolutely one of the best pantry staples: economical, super delicious, versatile and so quick to whip up.
In this roundup of vegan pasta dishes I share some of my best vegan pastas plus other recipes created by talented fellow bloggers. They all are so delicious, loaded with wholesome ingredients, healthy vegetables, pesto, and scrumptious vegan creamy sauces.
I’m sure you’ll find so many inspirations to chose from: quick pastas perfect for weeknight dinners, impressive recipes for your dinner parties, Italian pastas packed with plant-based protein perfect for the whole family.
There’s an irresistible recipe for everyone, and these delish vegan pasta recipes will help you to make the most of this humble pantry staple.
1. Quick Tomato Basil Pasta
The most classic of all combinations comes together in this quick, juicy tomato basil pasta. It makes one of the best vegan pasta sauces, easy to make and absolutely delicious!
2. Pasta with Tomatoes and Zucchini
This easy pasta with tomatoes and zucchini is bursting with flavor and packed with fresh herbs and vegetables. It makes a terrific vegan family meal ready in 30 minutes!
3. Spaghetti with garlic and olive oil (aglio e olio)
This economical Italian pasta dish requires a few ingredients, little effort and will cheer you up in a flash. Serve with vegan parmesan cheese and an extra sprinkle of red pepper flakes if you wish.
4. The best pasta with lentils
This Italian vegan pasta recipe is one of the best nourishing meals you can cook using a few cupboard essentials. It’s a simple yet flavorsome 1-pot recipe, healthy and amazingly GOOD.
5. Penne Arrabbiata
Penne arrabbiata is another great Italian pasta dishes that save your dinner during busy weeknights. It’s so easy, quick, full of flavor, and budget-friendly!
6. Roasted radish chickpea pasta
7. Healthy fettuccine alfredo
8. Asparagus Pesto Pasta
If you are a pesto lover, this creamy and lemony pesto pasta made with fresh asparagus, pistachio nuts, parsley, and a hint of lemon is going to become your new favorite.
9. Pasta with Black Beans
This scrumptious pasta with black beans uses everyday ingredients and turns your canned black beans into a terrific vegan bolognese sauce. It’s healthy, inexpensive, full of flavors and nutrients.
10. Butternut squash pasta
11. Creamy Vegan Mushroom pasta
12. Garlic mushroom spaghetti
Everyone needs a good garlic mushroom pasta recipe in their back pocket for last-minute dinners. This is one of my favorite vegan pasta recipes: noodles and mushrooms full of flavor and ready in no time!
13. Black kale pesto pasta
This vegan winter kale pesto without cheese is so good, you will want to eat it every day. A truly sensational seasonal pesto recipe that you won’t easily forget!
14. Tomato soup with pasta
This nourishing tomato soup with pasta is so comforting, incredibly simple to make, yet rich and full of tomato flavour. It makes a vegan 1-pot family meal that’s delicious and economical!
15. Red Lentil Pasta
This vegan red lentil pasta recipe uses healthy everyday ingredients. It’s the perfect blend between chunky pasta and smooth soup, deliciously filling and slightly spicy.
16. Vegan Creamy Tomato Pasta
This delicious creamy vegan pasta sauce made with cashews and infused with Italian herbs makes this tomato pasta so silky and indulgent. You can eat as much as you want without feeling guilty!
17. Italian Pasta with Beans
18. Spaghetti with Vegan “meatballs”
19. Cherry Tomato Pasta Salad
This fresh cherry tomato pasta salad is ready in 10 minutes, packed with flavor and requires only 5 ingredients. It makes a simple yet delicious pasta recipe absolutely perfect for any summer gathering.
20. Italian pasta with chickpeas (pasta e ceci)
This Italian vegan pasta recipe is the best one-pot family meal you can cook in less than 30 minutes. It’s budget-friendly, packed with protein, it comes together super fast and nicely warms you up!
21. Vegan pasta with walnut sauce
Easy meals that use just a few ingredients are the BEST, aren’t they? This vegan pasta recipe with a smooth garlic walnut sauce uses just 5 ingredients and looks amazing.
22. Italian marinara spaghetti
Make the most of canned tomatoes with this flavorsome vibrant Italian marinara sauce. It requires a handful of ingredients, it’s ready in 20 minutes and it will turn your plain spaghetti into a scrumptious meal!
23. Potato pasta (pasta e patate)
This comforting vegan pasta is great to use up potatoes. It’s super simple to make, inexpensive, kid-approved and totally delicious.
24. Caramelized Onion Pasta
25. Easy Leek Pasta
26. Vegan broccoli pasta with breadcrumbs
This is one of the best vegan pasta recipes from my Italian repertoire! It’s simple, healthy, packed with flavors and so easy to throw together in 20 minutes.
27. Creamy sun dried tomato pasta with garlic soy curl
If you look for unique pasta recipes, this quick and delicious pasta dish will impress you! Plus, it makes a luscious meal ready in 30 minutes!
28. Zesty pasta with roasted paprika tomatoes
29. Roasted broccoli pepita pesto pasta
30. Pea pesto pasta with sun-dried tomato and arugula
This gluten-free pasta is tossed in a creamy, incredibly flavorful vegan pea pesto. It’s so delicious and nutritious!
31. Vegan walnut pesto cavatappi
This vegan walnut pesto pasta comes together in 20 minutes, is super healthy, satisfying and it looks so pretty!
32. Red pepper pasta with roasted cauliflower
Vegan creamy tomato pasta, anyone? This pasta is totally cheeseless and dairy-free, but indulgent and loaded with veggies like cauliflower, roasted red peppers. Delicious and ready in 15 minutes.
Notes & frequently asked questions
Can vegans eat pasta?
Generally, pasta is 100% vegan and contains no animal ingredients. Check the package label, and make sure pasta doesn’t contain any eggs.
Is pasta healthy?
Pasta is definitely part of a healthy diet, as long as it’s eaten in moderation.
And If you switch to whole grain pasta, you’ll get more natural fiber and micronutrients. Fiber is an important part of your diet, it helps control blood sugar and reduces appetite.
Added bonus? Research shows that eating three servings of whole-grain food per day helps you to live longer.
What’s the best pasta?
Pasta brand matters when you chose pasta. Have a look at the label and go for durum wheat semolina pasta, possibly made with brass or bronze dies.
The premium quality pasta is a bit more expensive than basic pasta, but it’s resilient, it has a more robust texture and holds sauces beautifully.
I love cooking on a budget, but cheap overcooked spaghetti makes me feel so sad!
Looking for more vegan recipes?
Here you’ll find more collections of delicious vegan recipes!
- 50 vegan appetizers and perfect party food recipes
- 25 vegan chocolate dessert recipes
- 20 delicious vegan pumpkin recipes
These vegan pasta recipes are absolutely incredible, and if you give them a go, please leave a comment and/or give the recipe a rating, I would love to hear from you guys and get your feedback!
And for more recipe updates, subscribe my newsletter and follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. And of course, if you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me. : )
30+ Amazing Vegan Pasta Recipes: penne arrabbiata
- 8oz (220 grams) penne (rigatoni or spaghetti are fine too)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes (crushed red pepper), plus more to taste
- 1 can (14oz/400 grams) canned whole tomatoes (diced are ok too)
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt, plus more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and when it start shimmering add garlic and chili flakes. Cook over medium heat until aromatic, about 60 seconds. Make sure the garlic doesn't turn brown.
- Add the canned tomatoes, salt and few twist of black pepper and give a good stir. Let it cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until is slightly reduced, breaking with a back of a spoon the whole tomatoes. Stir occassionally.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a pot of salty water to the boil and cook pasta until al dente. Reserve about ¼ cup of pasta cooking water and drain.
- Taste the arrabbiata sauce, adjust the seasoning according to your taste, and stir in pasta and fresh parsley.
- Toss until wel combined adding a touch of the reserved pasta cooking water if you need to loosen the sauce.
- Serve immediately with an extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if you wish, and extra parsley. Enjoy!
Abigail @ OhMyVegan
Wow! All of these pasta recipes look amazing.
I will need to save some of these for a rainy day!
I’m so glad you like them! 😊