This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Here are my vegan salad recipes that are fresh, full of nutrients, satisfying and delicious. They pack veggies, plant-based protein, grains and flavorful dressings.
Best part? Most of them are ready in 10 minutes and keep well in the fridge.
Spring has arrived, and I thought I’d round up all my vegan salads in one place to make them easy to find!
They are truly family favorites, nothing fancy, but simple salads to whip up with easy ingredients, minimal prep, and perfect all year round.
They are all tossed in quick homemade salad dressings which make a massive difference in freshness and taste, and they couldn’t be simpler to prepare.
I love them because they’re also quite versatile. So you can easily change them up throughout the week, adding your fav add-ins to make a delicious and exciting healthy meal.
No matter which recipe you choose, the whole family is sure to love these vegan salads, especially if you serve them with homemade crusty bread, warm focaccia or golden croutons. You’ll have a winner, guaranteed!
You’re welcome to scroll on down to see why I love them and what made the list.
If you loved these vegan salad recipes…
I think you might be interested in more collections of vegan recipes, from soups to pasta recipes and desserts. Enjoy:
Lastly, if you make some of these scrumptious vegan salad recipes, or you have a question, please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you and get your feedback! x
15+ Vegan Salad Recipes
- 1 cup (200 grams) uncooked pearled barley, rinsed
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- ½ tsp salt
- 9oz (250 grams) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (7oz/200 grams) cucumber, seeds removed and diced (see notes)
- 1 can (15oz/400 grams) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped (optional)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
- 2 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (1 large lemon)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or grated
- ½ scant tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp fine salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add barley, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for about 25-30 minutes or until barley is tender. Drain well, place in a large salad bowl and let it cool for about 40 minutes.
- Make the dressing by placing olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic into a jar with a lid. Shake vigorously until well combined.
- Add the vegetables, chickpeas, herbs to the barley and pour over the lemon dressing. Toss well to combined, taste and adjust the seasoning according to your liking if needed.
- You can serve this barley salad at room temperature or cold. If time allows, I prefer to let it chill an extra 30 minutes in the fridge before serving. Enjoy!