This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Can’t figure out what to do with ricotta cheese? These sweet and luscious ricotta desserts are the answer. Check out this crowd-pleasing list of recipes perfect to turn this fresh Italian cheese into a wonderful treat.
They’re all guaranteed to be hits.
I LOVE this convenient, versatile, creamy cheese for good reason!
First things first. Ricotta, made from milk and whey, has about half the calories and fat of mascarpone and cream cheese and is a much lighter alternative to cook and bake with.
And while lasagnas and pastas may be the first recipes you think of, ricotta can go into all kinds of desserts – from delightful cakes to cookies, ice cream and so forth.
There are sweet ricotta recipes to please everybody!
Secondly, adding ricotta to desserts brings creaminess and moisture without weighing you down and gives you a lovely balance of sweet and tangy.
Finally, its fresh flavor pairs wonderfully with berries, citrus, fresh fruit, chocolate as well as elevating cheesecakes and cakes.
I’ve rounded up my favourite desserts with ricotta cheese that will win over the hearts of anyone who tries them. Wonderful ends to any meal!
If you loved these ricotta desserts…
If you’ve enjoyed this collection of desserts made with ricotta cheese, what about more indulgent yet easy treats that feature fresh fruit or veggies. Check out these delicious and easy recipes!
- Apple cake
- Easy carrot cake
- Strawberry bread
- Orange cake
- Lemon blueberry muffins
- Blueberry cream cheese muffins
If you make one of these incredible ricotta desserts, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it or tag a photo #theclevermeal on Instagram. I would love to hear from you!
10+ Delicious Ricotta Desserts
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup (100 grams) sugar (I used unrefined cane sugar)
- ½ scant cup (about 80 grams) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zest (optional)
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp (250 grams) ricotta, possibly at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup (190 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of fine salt
- 1 ½ cup (180-200 grams) raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- powdered sugar to dust (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and place the rack in the middle position.
- Grease a 9x5x2.5 inch loaf pan with butter, cooking spray, or simply line the pan with parchment paper (in this case there's no need to grease the pan).
- Place flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl and whisk well to distribuite the baking powder evenly.
- In second bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Stir in the vegetable oil, then add ricotta, vanilla extract, lemon zest and mix well until smooth.
- Add the flour mix and stir until combined, but do not overmix (a few lumps are ok).
- Gently fold the raspberries by passing a spatula down through the mixture, across the bottom, and up over the top.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F/180°C, the reduce the temperature to 340°F/170°C for a further 15-20 minutes. Each oven is different, check the doneness after 45 minutes, the cake is ready when a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve dusted with some powdered sugar if you wish.