This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
If you are looking for a super easy carrot cake, this is the one! A delicious and simple carrot cake, perfect any time, and totally fuss-free: blend it, bake it!
We all love delicious homemade meals and cakes, but we all have better things to do than spending too much time in the kitchen, right? That’s me.
I love keeping things simple and clever: economical, healthy, fast yet delicious.
And this healthy carrot cake is light, melt in your mouth and it doesn’t involve tons of sugar and butter.
What ingredients you need
- Whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- Cane or white sugar
- Unrefined canola oil
- Lemon zest
- Vanilla extract
- salt & baking powder
How to make it
(Note: this is a quick description with step-by-step photos, the full recipe is at the bottom of the page)
- Blend eggs, carrots, sugar, oil, vanilla essence and lemon zest.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour to the wet ingredients in 3 steps, blending for a few seconds.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
Recipe notes & tips
Carrots are low on calories, rich in fiber, and vitamins. Cooking carrots helps to release a powerful antioxidant called beta-carotene, making this nutrient more available to your body.
Cut carrots into chunks or slice them, whatever it saves you time. You can peel them or not (I don’t) and, needless to say, a food processor is so handy and it definitely saves you the hassle of grating the carrots.
Carrot cake variations
Carrots and lemon is such a lovely combination, but this soft cake is also a blank canvas for other delicious ingredients. You can add to this recipe orange zest, cinnamon, almond essence, walnuts, or even dark chocolate chips!
Do not overmix the batter because working flour too much can produce gluten, which creates a dense and rubbery cake. If you decide to add chocolate chips or chopped nuts, add them when the batter is nearly ready and blend only for a couple of seconds just to combine.
How long does this carrot cake keep?
It keeps well for up 3-4 days at room temperature, in an airtight container. It’s also freezable: wrap the cake, or slices of cake, in plastic wrap (clingfilm), store in an airtight container, and freeze for up to 1 month.
But do not refrigerate: refrigeration dries this cake out!
More easy cakes?
- Orange cake
- Cake with ricotta
- 1-Bowl yogurt cake
- Blender chocolate zucchini bread
- Apple cake
- Blender beetroot cake
If you make this blender healthy carrot cake, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it or tag a photo #theclevermeal on Instagram. I would love to hear from you!
Blender healthy carrot cake
- 3 (10oz/280 grams) medium-sized carrots, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) canola oil (I used expeller pressed canola oil)*
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) unrefined cane sugar*
- 2 cups (250 grams) whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large lemon, zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 360 F°.
- Grease with butter or line your cake pan with parchment paper (Mine is a ring pan 8.6 x 4 inch-deep)
- Whisk the flour in a bowl with 2 tsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt (if you’re not using self-rising flour).
- Place all the ingredients, except flour and baking powder, in a food processor and blend into a smooth consistency*
- Add the flour in three steps, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Blend only for a few seconds until the flour is just combined with the rest of the ingredients, do not overmix.
- Scrape the batter into the pan, level the top and bake in the middle shelf of the oven for about 30-35 minutes.
- After 30 minutes check the cake by inserting a thin skewer/cake tester into the centre of the cake. If the cake is fully cooked then the skewer will come out clean, if there is still batter clinging to the skewer then return the cake to the oven for a further 3 minutes and test again (in my oven and with that round pan, the baking time is 35 mins).
- When the cake is ready, remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Remove your cake from the pan and dust with icing sugar.Enjoy it.