This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
This gorgeous grapefruit salad combines juicy grapefruit, creamy avocado, and crispy almonds. Everything is drizzled with a lemon honey dressing.
A wonderful, easy side dish that is fresh, delicious, and healthy.
Let me start by saying that I’m kind of obsessed with grapefruits. Not only is this bright citrus fruit full of vitamin C, antioxidants, and great for our immune system, but it’s also a terrific ingredient for salads.
And I LOVE fruit in salads.
With their sweet-tart flavor and rosy flesh, these beauties turn a quick salad into a fabulous, light side dish perfect for any occasion.
Here’s the deal. We have 2 powerful components in this recipe: the grapefruits themselves, and creamy avocado. We also have toasted almonds for texture (we need crunch here!), a slightly sweet dressing, and cilantro.
The end result is totally delightful, fresh, and satisfying.
Also, this is not the salad that you’ll want to toss together in a bowl, as the grapefruit segments are quite delicate. Instead, you’ll want to arrange it on a serving plate.
But I love that, it takes just minutes and it looks more sophisticated, beautifully presented, and each bite has the perfect balance of flavors.
This is the kind of salad perfect all year round. Make it for a special dinner as a starter, or add it to your holiday table.
This is a super simple yet impressive grapefruit salad perfect for any time!
List of the ingredients
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
How to make grapefruit salad
(Note: this is a quick description, the full recipe is at the bottom of the page)
- Avocado – Cut the avocado lengthwise, remove the stone, peel the fruit, and cut into regular slices (about ½-inch wide).
- Grapefruits – Slice off top and bottom of the grapefruits, cut the skin off, then work your way around the grapefruit cutting down between the membrane and the segments to remove the segments.
- Make the dressing – Place the dressing ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and shake well until emulsified.
- Finally, plate the grapefruit salad! As the grapefruit segments are delicate, you’ll want to arrange grapefruit segments and avocado slices nicely on a bright platter (it takes no time and it’s SO worth it!). Drizzle the salad with the lemon honey dressing, top with the roasted almonds, chopped cilantro. Ready to serve!
Make it ahead of time
It’s best to assemble this salad just a few minutes before serving. But if you want to do a little bit of prep work earlier, like one day in advance, you can. Peel and cut the grapefruit segments, but keep them in the fridge in an air-tight container. You can also make the dressing and toast the almonds and save their own container. However, I wouldn’t recommend cutting the avocado in advance.
More quick and fresh salads
- Salad with grapes
- Moroccan carrot salad
- Arugula pear salad
- Beetroot salad
- Winter salad
- Artichoke salad
- Celery and parmesan salad
If you make this grapefruit salad or you have a question, let me know by leaving a comment. I would love to hear from you! x
Grapefruit Salad with Avocado
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted and sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped (plus more for garnish)
Lemon honey dressing
- 1 ½ Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt, plus more to sprinkle before serving
- ⅙ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes (to serve, optional)
- Avocado – Carefully slice the avocado through the middle lengthways, when the blade hits the stone, start to slowly turn the avocado over so that the blade can run around the stone. Cut the fruit into halves, peel and slice them into ½-inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Grapefruit: Using a sharp knife, slice off the top and the bottom of each grapefruit. Place the grapefruit on a chopping board, and cut the skin off following the contour of the grapefruit and the white pith. Once the flesh is exposed, cut down between the white membrane to remove all the segments. Set aside.
- Make the dressing – In a small bowl or in a glass jar with a lid, mix together or shake all the ingredients until well emulsified.
- Assemble – Arrange the grapefruit segments, avocado slices, almonds and chopped cilantro over a serving plate. Drizzle with the dressing, sprinkle with a final touch of salt and chili flakes, if desired. Finish with a few cilantro leaves to garnish. Enjoy at room temperature.