This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
With delicious beetroots, peppery arugula, feta and crunchy walnuts, this fabulous beet salad recipe is worthy of festive gatherings!
Plus, it’s full of flavor, easy to put together, and it looks beautiful!
This simple yet delicious salad recipe centers around the beets. Their juicy texture and sweetness pair beautifully with savory feta, peppery arugula, and nutty walnuts.
This is a salad loaded with textures and flavors, and it’s one of my go-to salad recipes, light, fresh and perfect for so many occasions.
And I love the convenient vacuum-packed or canned beetroots, they work just fine here and provide the same nutritional value of fresh beets saving you the hassle of roasting and peeling beetroots.
In my world, scrumptious meals and dinner parties don’t have to be stressful, and this beet salad recipe hits the spot.
If you want to impress your guests with a delicious and colorful salad that requires zero time and effort, this is the one!
List of the ingredients
- Cooked beetroot
- Feta cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
How to make this beet salad recipe
(Note: this is a quick description, the full recipe is at the bottom of the page)
- Arrange the arugula leaves on a serving plate.
- Add the beetroot wedges, the crumbled feta and the chopped walnuts.
- Make the dressing by shaking the ingredients in a glass jar.
- Pour the dressing over the salad when it’s time to serve.
Beet Salad Recipe ingredients
Beetroots: I use convenient vacuumed-packed baby beets for this salad. They don’t contain artificial colors, flavors, seasonings, or preservatives. Cooked beets are sweet and versatile, also perfect for this moist cake and delicious hummus.
Arugula (aka rocket): the peppery flavor of fresh baby arugula is perfect to balance the sweetness of the beetroots. If you love arugula as much as I do, you might like also these arugula recipes including frittata and side dishes!
Feta cheese: it adds a tart and tangy flavor to this salad, and you can either buy it in a block – which is my fav option – or pre-crumbled.
Walnuts: for their nutty flavor and crunchy texture, and it’s worth toasting them in the stove or in the oven, it brings out their delicious earthiness. Pecans are great too, but more expensive than walnuts.
Dressing: for this beet salad recipe I use a vinaigrette made with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey to emulsify the dressing and to add both a touch of tangy and sweet flavour. Plus salt and pepper, of course.
More festive salads…
This beetroot salad looks stunning and it’s perfect for a holiday gathering. But I also love these salad recipes that taste delicious and look lovely:
- Arugula pear salad
- Celery salad with parmesan
- Cabbage salad with apples
- Salad with grapes
- Winter salad
- Artichoke salad
- Spinach arugula salad
For more inspirations, I’m sure that in this collection of festive salads you’ll find the salad you’re looking for!
If you make this beet salad recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it or tag a photo #theclevermeal on Instagram. I would love to hear from you!
Beet Salad Recipe with Arugula and Feta
- 9oz (250 grams) beetroot, cooked*
- 4oz (120 grams) baby arugula, washed and drained
- 3oz (90 grams) feta, crumbled
- 2 oz (60 grams) walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon fine salt, plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Assemble the salad: place the baby arugula onto a large serving platter or salad bowl. Cut beetroots into wedges, arrange them on top of the arugula. Scatter over the crumbled feta and chopped walnuts.
- Make the dressing by placing all the dressing ingredients in a screw-top glass and shake until well emulsified.
- Add the dressing just before serving and toss gently. Enjoy!