This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
These 1-bowl coconut cookies require only 4 ingredients and are a real treat for any coconut lover: soft, chewy, and bursting with delicious coconut flavor. Added bonus? They’re ready in 20 minutes flat.
The lemon or lime zest is optional, but I recommend it, it tastes divine.
I created this easy recipe thinking of those amazing cookies we used to buy from Italian bakeries years ago. I made several attempts before I got them right: perfectly sweet, with a soft and chewy texture, and packed with coconut.
Plus, I ditched butter, oil, refined sugar, and even the stand mixer. I wanted a simple healthy cookie recipe to make in no time, and I ended up with the coconut cookies of our dreams.
And they were such a hit with everyone who tried them. They’re just perfect served with a cup of tea and even better with a glass of milk!
What ingredients you need
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- All-purpose flour
- Lemon or lime zest (optional, but recommended)
How to make them
(The ingredients are listed in the recipe card below)
- Beat eggs, honey, and lemon or lime zest in a bowl
- Stir in flour and mix well
- Add shredded coconut and mix until well combined
- Roll into small balls
- Gently press them into shredded coconut on both sides
- Bake at 340 ℉/170 ℃ for about 13 minutes
RECIPE NOTES & TIPS
Making this healthy coconut cookie recipe from scratch is very easy, but don’t take my word for it, just grab a bowl and these simple ingredients, ready?
COCONUT: use unsweetened shredded coconut. Small flakes (like the ones you see in the picture above) work better than large flakes in this recipe and you’ll manage to shape your cookies easily. However, keep in mind the mixture is pretty sticky and you’re gonna get your hands a bit messy!
HOW LONG DO THESE COCONUT COOKIES LAST?
These cookies stay soft and chewy for up to 1 week (if they last that long). Store them in an airtight container, at room temperature is fine.
MORE EASY COOKIE RECIPES?
- Easy almond cookies
- Almond biscotti (Italian cantucci)
- Vegan chocolate almond biscotti
- 1-bowl orange chocolate cookies
- 15 Amazing Christmas cookies
If you make this easy coconut cookie recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it or tag a photo #theclevermeal on Instagram. I would love to hear from you!
4-INGREDIENT COCONUT COOKIES
- 3 cups (7oz/200 grams) unsweetened shredded coconut, plus more for coating*
- 1/2 cup (6oz/170 grams) honey
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (2oz/60 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 large lemon or lime, zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 340℉/170℃ (not fan-forced).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a handful of shredded coconut on a small plate.
- In 1 large bowl, beat eggs, honey, and zest.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Stir in shredded coconut and mix with a spoon until well combined. The mixture will be sticky and tightly compact.
- Form about 1.5-inch/4cm balls and gently press them into shredded coconut, both sides. You want to flatten the cookies slightly and at the same time, you want to coat them in coconut.
- Place all the cookies on the baking sheet and bake in the middle rack until slightly golden, about 13 minutes. Don't bake them longer and do not leave them in the warm oven, they will dry out.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool and serve at room temperature, dusted with icing sugar if you like (they will look even prettier!)