This is a speedy pasta salad packed with Mediterranean flavors, so good and ready in 10 minutes.
Olives, tomatoes and tinned fish is one of my favourite budget-friendly combinations, it works great with so many things including this pasta salad.
But the star of the dish here is the beautiful lemon zest: refreshing, vibrant and zesty. Lemon zest, alongside thinly sliced celery for extra crunch, takes this simple pasta salad to the next level, surprisingly fresh, good and satisfying.
Basic and inexpensive ingredients, always come in handy, and guarantee to lighten up any run-of-the-mill dish.
What you need for this recipe:
- Wholewheat pasta or other grains
- Tuna or other canned fish
- Extra virgin olive oil and salt
This is a light, tasty and one of the most crowd-friendly dishes for your summer gatherings, or just the thing when you get home late or don’t feel like cooking. If you like this flavorsome pasta, you might also try this yummy salad packed with olives, tuna and beans.
PASTA SALAD WITH TUNA, OLIVES AND LEMON ZEST
- 1/2 lb. whole wheat pasta like fusilli, penne... (450 grams)
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half (approx 300 grams)
- 1 cup olives, pitted (approx 100 grams)
- 1 5oz-can tuna chunks, in oil or in water (140 grams)
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta following pack instructions, drain, then rinse under cold water and drain again. Dress your pasta when cold, not warm.
- While pasta is boiling, cut tomatoes, grate lemon zest and place all the other ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Season with plenty of salt and freshly ground pepper and toss well.
- Add cooked pasta to the other ingredients and mix thoroughly, taste and season again before serving.
- Pasta salad gets better as it rests and it tastes even better the next day.
- Refrigerate up to 3 days.