This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Refreshing and packed with vitamins, this mango kiwi smoothie is ready in less than 5 minutes, requires only 4 ingredients, and always tastes so sweet and delightfully creamy.
I make thousands of smoothie recipes over the year, and today I though why not to share all these refreshing healthy treats with you all?! So let’s start with one of my all-time faves: mango kiwi smoothie!
Firstly, I’m a mango lover and I always make sure I have frozen mango on hand. Frozen mango gives a creamy texture and its sweet, delicious flavor pairs beautifully with most of my favorite fruit and veggies. Especially kiwis!
Kiwis are inexpensive, packed with vitamins and antioxidants, and absolutely great for your skin and immune system! I also love their subtle citrus flavor.
And when mango and kiwi are blended up with banana, a handful of greens and a splash of juice, you’ll a glass full of pure healthy deliciousness!
Feel free to add any of your favorite smoothie boosters in too, such as seeds or protein powder. Or you can also play around and jazz up the flavor with some fresh ginger or more lemon juice.
Now let’s make this luscious mango kiwi smoothie, friends!
List of the ingredients
- Unsweetened orange or apple juice
- Baby spinach (optional)
How to make mango kiwi smoothie
(Note: this is a quick description with step-by-step photos, the full recipe is at the bottom of the page)
- Use a high speed blender, I use a vitamix, but any good blender will do.
- Peel, slice, and place banana and kiwi at the bottom of the blender. You’ll want to start with the soft fruit here.
- Follow with frozen mango. Feel free to add a few ice cubes here if you wish.
- Finish with the green leaves and the juice.
- Blend until velvety and smooth, and serve it straight away. Enjoy!
Ingredients & substitutions
Mango: I use frozen mango, convenient and budget-friendly (especially here in the UK), but you can use either fresh or frozen mango. There are different types to choose from, feel free to use 1 cup of diced mango of choice.
Kiwi: frozen or fresh, they both work fine.
Banana: it lends its sweetness and makes the smoothie creamier. You can use either fresh or frozen banana.
Liquid: I use unsweetened orange juice or apple juice for this smoothie recipe. Orange juice maximises the iron absorption from the spinach, but some lemon juice will do too. I’m not big fan of using yogurt or milk in smoothies, I think dairy have a strong taste that mask the fresh fruit flavor. But non-diary milk such as almond milk works perfectly fine
Greens: baby spinach has a light and delicate flavor and adds plenty of extra nutrients to your kiwi mango smoothie. It also adds a lovely bright green color.
Note: make sure to use frozen mango or frozen banana for this recipe. At least one of them must be frozen to make the smoothie cold and nicely thick.
More refreshing recipes with fruit?
If you look for delicious refreshing treats packed with fruit, these super easy recipes are for you!
- Pineapple sorbet
- Frozen strawberry yogurt
- Chocolate banana ice-cream (2 ingredients only!)
If you make this mango kiwi smoothie, or if you have any questions, let me know! Leave a comment, send me a message, or rate it. I would love to hear from you!
And for more recipe updates, subscribe my newsletter and follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Mango kiwi smoothie
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (120 grams) diced mango, frozen
- 2 cups (30 grams) baby spinach, washed
- ¾ cup (180 ml) unsweetened orange or apple juice, or more if you like a thinner texture
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Add the soft fruit like at the bottom of the blender, then frozen fruit, spinach and juice. If you use spinach, I suggest you to add some lemon juice too.
- Pulse until smooth. If the mixture seems too thick, add in extra juice (or water). If it seems too thin, add in extra mango or kiwi.
- Serve straight away, pour and enjoy!
Leave a Reply