This flavor-packed sheet pan garlic chicken with lemon and veggies makes a great meal prep recipe or a perfect dinner for your family. And it’s totally toddler approved!
Chicken Milanese is an Italian classic, a breaded and pan-fried crispy chicken served with lemon wedges is one of Milan’s signature dishes.
I LOVE IT, but frying is not one of my favourite’s cooking technics. Tons of oil and butter, no thanks!
Not only is this delicious sheet pan chicken with veggies light and healthy, but it’s also super easy to assemble and to clean up, basically a full meal that makes everyone happy with only one pan to wash.
It’s a dream after a long day, isn’t it? It’s not a takeaway or a frozen meal, but it’s a crispy homemade garlicky and lemony chicken ready in no time.
And it makes an irresistible and healthy meal prep option for lunch!
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR THIS RECIPE?
- Chicken breasts or tights
- Olive oil
- Veggies like baby corns, cherry tomatoes and green beans
- Salt & pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS SHEET PAN GARLIC CHICKEN?
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Whisk together egg, minced garlic, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper
- Dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture and then cover with breadcrumbs
- Toss to evenly coat the vegetables with olive oil, minced garlic, chopped parsley and salt
- Place chicken and veggies, in one layer, on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes, until golden and crispy
- Serve with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Yummy!
WHAT I LOVE:
- So good and packed with big flavors
- Crunchy outside and tender inside
- Easy and only one pan to wash, remember?
- Perfect for the family
- Great for meal prep
- Healthy and low fat
- Loaded with protein and veggies
RECIPE TIPS & NOTES:
Flavour: garlic, lemon and parsley make an incredible combination of flavors and if time allows, let the chicken marinate into the egg mixture for at least 30 mins, the flavor will get deeper! This sheet pan garlic chicken is simply delicious, crunchy and tender at the same time, and it’s great either cold or warm.
But make sure not to overcook the chicken, especially if you use chicken breasts. They are an excellent source of lean protein, but with their low-fat content, chicken breasts can quickly dry out when baked in the oven.
Keep in mind that baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken. I would advise you to check one of the breasts after 20 minutes: the flesh has to be white in the middle and the juice has to run clear (an instant-read thermometer should read at least 165F).
If the chicken is cooked and the veggies are not done yet, take the chicken breasts out and put the veggies back to the oven for a further 5 minutes. You might want to caramelize your veggies nicely, but dry chicken breasts are out of discussion!
This healthy version of chicken Milanese is loaded with flavor and nutrients yet light… and for this reason, I love it even more. And you know what? You will love it too, I’m sure : )
Let me know if you make it, I would love to hear from you. Happy meal prep!
SHEET PAN GARLIC CHICKEN "MILANESE" WITH LEMON
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest
- 3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby corns
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil, plus extra for greasing and drizzling
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease a rimmed non-stick baking sheet with olive oil and set aside.
- CHICKEN: In a bowl, whisk together the egg, 1/2 lemon zest, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 Tbsp of parsley, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Working one at a time, dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture.
- Dredge the egg coated chicken in the breadcrumb, lightly pressing to evenly coat.
- Place chicken onto the greased baking tray and drizzle with a little of olive oil.
- VEGETABLES: Place the vegetables into a large bowl and add 2 Tbsp of olive oil, 2 Tbsp of parsley, 1 minced garlic clove and 1/2 tsp of salt. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place the veggies around the chicken, in one layer, make sure not to overlap them.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn each piece over and continue baking for an additional 10-13 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and slightly golden.*
- Serve with freshly squeezed lemon juice (Milanese chicken is usually served with lemon wedges).Enjoy!
An instant-read thermometer reads at least 165 F.