This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
We are in the middle of January and I still enjoy roasting winter vegetables. Butternut squash, carrots, parsnips are so good, seasonal, healthy and budget friendly. I love them.
This delicious roasted winter vegetable salad with feta is packed with flavors and it’s low in fat and calories.
Plus, it keeps very well in the fridge alongside the other roasted vegetables and a baked frittata; perfect for a meal prep lunch.
Save time and bake two pans at once: roast your vegetables and bake your protein-packed frittata at the same time.
Add some grains, chickpeas and feta and make a yummy lunch that comes together in record time!
What ingredients you need
- Winter vegetables (butternut squash, carrots, parsnips)
- Fresh herbs (optional)
- Barley or other grains
- Olive oil, salt & pepper
How to make it
Spread the butternut squash, carrots and parsnips into an even layer on a large baking sheet. Lightly drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over the vegetables and bake on the top rack at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, flipping them once halfway through roasting.
In the meanwhile beat eggs, season and a handful of shredded fresh herbs and pour the egg mixture into a baking pan.
Bake on the bottom rack for 20 minutes until the frittata is golden and puffy and the centre feels firm.
In a medium bowl combine your roasted squash, chickpeas, grains and feta cheese and toss with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
Now all that’s left is to assemble the meal prep containers: cut the frittata and spoon out the salad and other roasted vegetables.
What to love
- Packed with fresh flavors
- Rich in protein/veggies/fiber
- It keeps very well in the fridge
- Ready in 30 minutes
I love this meal prep lunch also because it’s totally customizable according to the season and it uses up any grains or vegetables available.
And if you try this recipe, please let me know!
ROASTED WINTER VEGETABLE SALAD MEAL PREP
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 4 parsnips, peeled
- 6 eggs
- 1 handful fresh herbs like basil or parsley (optional)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked barley or other grains
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Roast the vegetables: Cut the butternut squash, the carrots and the parsnips.
- Place all the cut vegetables in a single layer on a large baking pan. Drizzle them with 1 Tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender, turning once with a metal spatula.
- Bake the frittata: beat the eggs with 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of black pepper and some shredded fresh herbs like basil or parsley.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and pour in the egg mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes on the bottom rack.
- Let everything come to room temperature before assembling the meal prep containers.
- Make the salad: In a medium bowl combine the roasted butternut squash the chickpeas, crumbled feta and cooked barley. Toss the salad with 2 Tbsp of olive oil, 1 lemon juice, 1 minced or pressed garlic clove and salt and pepper according to your taste. Toss well.
- Divide the salad, the roasted vegetable and the cut frittata into each container. Add 1 lemon wedge to each if you like. Shut the lid and refrigerate for 3 days.
- It keeps well in the fridge up to 3 days.
- Not freezable.
Leave a Reply