This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
This scrumptious spinach pizza with feta and pesto is easy to make from scratch, crispy on the edges, soft in the center, and loaded with juicy tomatoes and amazing garlicky spinach (I mean, a whole 10-oz bag of spinach!).
But there’s more! You can easily make the dough in 1 bowl following this super easy no-knead dough recipe. It’s so easy to put together, crusty, delicious, and perfect for a terrific pizza night.
This spinach pizza recipe has been a staple in my house for as long as I remember. We love the combination of savory feta and fresh ingredients such as cherry tomatoes and spinach. It makes a scrumptious vegetarian pizza recipe that everyone loves!
You’ll fall in love with that crispy crust and delicious topping too.
Let’s see how to make it.
List of the ingredients
- Easy no knead pizza dough (or store-bought pizza dough)
- Baby spinach
- Mozzarella & feta
- Basil pesto
- Cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
How to make spinach pizza
As I said, you can either use store-bought pizza dough or make this homemade no-knead dough. It’s perfect for impromptu pizza nights.
Then scatter the sautéed garlicky spinach over the pizza and drizzle with some olive oil
Add mozzarella, crumbled feta, pesto, and some cherry tomatoes if you like.
Bake for about 10-15 minutes at 450°F.
Serve with a pinch of red chili flakes and enjoy a yummy whole grain and veggie-filled pizza!
More easy 1-bowl pizza recipes?
These terrific pizza and focaccia recipes are packed with flavors and so easy to make:
- Fresh tomato pizza
- Pizza with peppers
- Anchovy pizza
- Quick Caprese pizza
- Easy no-knead Italian focaccia
- Focaccia with olives
More recipes featuring spinach
And if you’re looking how to sneak spinach into your meals, you’ll love these:
If you make this spinach pizza with feta and pesto, pls let me know.
Leave a comment, rate it or tag a photo #theclevermeal on Instagram. I would love to hear from you!
SPINACH PIZZA WITH FETA AND PESTO
- 10 oz fresh spinach, washed and drained
- 4 oz mozzarella, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt, according to taste
- red chili flakes
- 1 ½ cup + 2 Tbsps (210 grams) all-purpose flour (leveled cups, see notes), plus more for dusting
- ½ tsp Instant yeast
- ½ tsp fine salt
- ¾ cup (180 ml) lukewarm water
- ¾ Tbsp olive oil
- Combine flour, salt, and yeast in a large bowl.
- Stir in water, olive oil, and mix until combined. A few lumps are fine.
- Cover bowl with a damp kitchen towel, then let rise in a warm place for about 1 hout or until doubles in size and looks bubbly.
- When the dough looks ready, scrape the edge of the bowl with a spatula and pour the dough into a greased baking pan (mine is 12 x 9 inches), onto a parge piece of parchment paper.
- Dust with flour (the dough is sticky!) and gently stretch the dough with your fingers to fit the baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF/230°C and make the topping.
- Place the minced garlic and 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pot and sauté over medium heat for about one minute. Add spinach and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes, or until it has wilted. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Remove from heat, drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread spinach onto your pizza base, drizzle with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and top with mozzarella and feta cheese. Add some sliced cherry tomato, drizzle with pesto and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden and crusty.Note: In an oven with a bottom baking element, you want to bake your pizza on the oven rack in the bottom position and make sure the oven is thouroughly heated before you put the pizza in.
- Serve with some red chili flakes if you like, and enjoy!
The cups of flour are leveled, which means you have to fill the measuring cup all the way to the top letting the flour flow over a little. Then, use the back of a knife to level the top off. However, a digital scale is an excellent kitchen tool and gives a more correct weight.